When it comes to off-site team retreats, there are typically two kinds of people: those that love them and those that don’t. Despite this polarization, retreats can play a huge part in both the short and long-term success of your team and organization.
The key is knowing when a retreat makes sense for your team.
Off-site team retreats are most appropriate when they have a very focused and clear objective that reaches beyond immediate results. Retreat goals and objectives such as innovation, collaborative decision making, and process evaluation or improvement are just a few examples of great reasons for an off-site retreat. Or maybe your team has some baggage that is dragging down productivity and morale.
Besides the content of the meeting, a team retreat may be needed when you desire these outcomes the most:
- Gathering all parties vital to the desired outcome in the same place at the same time.
- Everyone away from the regular buzz and interruptions of the office for distraction-free work time.
- Work being done in real-time and face-to-face; eliminating the potential for misunderstanding and wasted time.
- Relationships being built and strengthened while working off-site and reenergizing your team beyond the event itself.
What are your reasons for an off-site retreat? Which of the benefits above would mean the most to you in tackling that objective head on?
Your first step is an easy one: get off-site.
There are plenty of staff retreat locations that help fit the goals and objectives of your retreat. Here at sparkspace, we can help you in facilitating the best retreat ever! Adding meeting facilitation from Team Sparkspace will strengthen the objectivity, focus, and creativity of discussion.
- Best Quotes From Meetings Suck by Cameron Herold - May 1, 2019
- Best Quotes from The Power of Moments - September 27, 2018
- Break the Script with Your next Meeting Kickoff - September 5, 2018
- Four Proven and Powerful Team Building Exercises - June 16, 2018
- Why Columbus Sparks Creativity - June 13, 2018
- Three Common Myths About Team Building - May 3, 2018
- The Staggering Importance of Team Culture - April 30, 2018
- How to Spark Positivity in Your Team - April 23, 2018
- How to Know When It’s Time for a Team Retreat - April 23, 2018
- How Meeting Facilitation Can Help Three Common Team Problems - March 1, 2018