Enjoy and learn!
9 Easy Ways To Fuel Yourself For Performance
Choosing to be healthy is more than a diet – it’s positive development in your personal lifestyle.
- Remember, it is a journey, not a race, and there is no finish line.
- Start simply. When choosing what to eat, make a choice that is one step healthier than your original choice. For example:
- Original choice: Cinnamon sugar bagel with cream cheese
- One step healthier: Whole wheat bagel with low-fat cream cheese
- Do not think about the past. You cannot change what has already happened. Consider the future and how you can make a healthy choice for your next meal or snack.
- Restock your refrigerator and pantry. Become a label reader. Refill your house with whole foods like fruits, vegetables, and grains. Try to stay away from too many processed foods.
- Love what you eat! Take cooking classes and find recipes that fit your taste. Never stop experimenting with new foods and techniques.
- Adopt a simple mantra. Develop a phrase or find a picture that reminds you of your reason for eating healthy. Keep it posted by your desk, your bathroom mirror, or a kitchen cabinet to help motivate you to stay on your healthy eating journey.
- Pack a delicious lunch for yourself. Buy and prepare foods that you will look forward to eating. This can be a great pick-me-up at that midpoint in your day. Stop working and take pleasure in the foods you packed for lunch.
- Join together. As you meet others who are interested in making healthier choices, make a point to gather together and discuss your experiences. We can be a great source of power and support for each other.
- Keep track of how you feel. Make a conscious effort to be aware of how you feel when you eat different foods.