The environment during a client presentation can make a big impact on how your company is perceived. When you google “how to impress your clients during a meeting” every article and blog are the same. Know the client, know the company, be prepared, and have an agenda. Not one article mentions the meeting room itself, but it can make a huge impact on a client’s impression. Whether the presentation is in your home office or a creative meeting facility, adding small touches to the space is a sure way to impress any client. Here are 3 little meeting room touches to impress your clients.
1. Welcome Your Clients
A welcome sign may sound elementary but it is a subtle way of letting your clients know you are excited for their arrival. Kind of similar to getting off the airplane and walking through the terminal to find someone standing at the gate with a sign welcoming you to their city. It’s never happened to me, but sounds amazing, and I would definitely feel like a VIP.
2. Enhance the Atmosphere
Adding fresh flowers, artwork, or a bowl of candy to the meeting room enhances any atmosphere, especially if it’s your client’s favorite retro candy. Music is also something that is often overlooked when designing the atmosphere of the room. Walking into a silent room is the worst. I realize that having blaring music may not be professional, but background music is a must for any meeting space. Knowing your client’s favorite band also helps.
3. Impress with Food
We all love food. So using food as a fun element of the meeting will surely impress your clients. Whether you’re having a quick “get to know you” meeting or a full day brainstorm, food is a must! Try something new and trendy like a pho bar or appetizer samplings from a local restaurant. We love the seasonal menus from Two Caterers for inspired, locally-sourced food that will make a statement.
Investigate your client as well. A health based company may not be excited about an ice cream/sundae bar, but a sample of sushi from a nearby restaurant would be a hit. Food is one of the biggest parts of a meeting, so be sure it represents how you want the client to perceive your company.
Remember, adding small touches to a meeting space pack big results when trying to impress your clients. Welcoming your clients, enhancing the atmosphere, and impressing with food are 3 simply ways to change the environment and leave a lasting impression.
- How We Retreat: Team Sparkspace’s 3 Necessities for the Perfect Staff Retreat - August 16, 2017
- Be the Meeting Hero! - June 23, 2017
- 3 ways to create a memorable meeting experience - June 16, 2017
- 3 Little Meeting Room Touches to Impress Your Clients - April 3, 2017
- Simplify the Meeting Planning Process for Out-of-Town Venues - March 29, 2017
- 4 Quick Activities to Encourage Cross-Functional Collaboration - March 24, 2017
- How to Design a Memorable Staff Retreat - December 9, 2016
- The #1 Thing to Remember About Your Next Team Retreat - December 8, 2016
- 52 Tips to Make Every Meeting Your Best Meeting Ever - May 25, 2016
- Best Meeting Ever Tip #52: How to Have the Best Meeting Ever - May 12, 2016